Friends, neighbors and parishioners all look forward to St. Margaret's Annual Rummage Sale. It's a chance for people to clear their clutter and donate items they no longer need and/or use and for everyone to get amazing bargains on clothes, household items, jewelry and fine artwork. The prices are unbelievably low.
The rummage sale is St. Margaret's largest fund-raiser, earning the parish more than $20,000 annually and is part of how we do the many ministries that we do. Donate, volunteer and please come and shop!
- Women's Boutique or Clothes - Dresses, Coats, Skirts, Pants, Blouses, Shoes, Beltas, Purses, Scarves, Hats and Gloves
- Men's Wear - Coats, Suits, Blazers, Slacks, Dress Shirts, Rubgy Shirts, Tieds, Belts, T-shirts, Dress Shoes, Tennis Shoes, Robes, Pajamas, Boots, Jeans
- Children's Clothes & Games - Shirts, Pant, Dresses, Bibs, Pajamas, Toys
- Jewelry - Earrings, Watches, Necklaces, Broaches, Cufflinks
- Tiffany - Sterling Silver, Lenox, Cyrstal,China, Antiques and Souvenir Collectibles
- Housewares - Dishes, Glasses, Silverware, Planters, Kitchen Utensils, Pots & Pans
- Small Appliances: Iros, Telehones, Blenders, Radios, VCR's, DVD & CD players
- Linen - Sheets, Blankets, Bedspreads, Pillowcases, Napkins, Rugs, Fabric Samples
- Large appliaces and furniture
- Children's protective car seats
- PC towers, keyboards and monitors which are not part of a complete working system
- Children's stuffed animals
- Halogen lamps & kerosene heaters
- Sports Equipment
- Books, magazines and records
- Coffee cup,s mugs and ice trays
Donations are accepted up through Sunday, October 24. They can be dropped off at church during the week between 9 AM and 5 PM, on Sundays between and after services and on Saturdays, October 16 and October 23 between 10 AM and 12 noon. To obtain a form for documenting tax-deductible donations, please contact Jim Riegel at 202.232.2995.
- Publicity (very important)
- Picking up and transporting donations to the
- Department Set-up
- Sale Day
If you can help with any of these tasks, please contact Brien Gibneyand Richard Moncure. Sign-up sheets are available in the Parish Hall between services.
VOLUNTEER - JEWELRY
The Jewelry Committee needs volunteers to help with making announcements, planning the sale, designing and creating displays, recruiting/organizing volunteers for the pre-sale week, and working on the day of the sale and wrap-up the day after. Let Kathy Luhrman or Linda Ferneyhough know if you're interested. Look for our next work party where we polish silver, make jewelry, estimate sale values, and put prices on all kinds of interesting items from Vintage necklaces to "wild and crazy" beach-party earrings!
Shop fron 9 AM to 1 PM and get fabulous bargains on womens, men's and children's clothing, houseware items including small appliances and linens, jewelry and a wonderful Tiffany section with antiques, fine art, silvervare and chrystal. All sales are final!